0 Flares 0 Flares ×
It’s not that I think I’m all that interesting, I’m just answering the questions I am continually asked.
1. My mother owned a dance studio. I became so proficient at ballet that I once danced “en pointe.”
That same year, my hips expanded and that, my friends, was the end of that.
2. I’ve been a tap dance instructor for the Tremaine Dance Conventions for 14 years. Yes, the travel is exhausting, but I love what I do.
3. I make such good use of my travel time that I actually wrote my first book, Rich by Choice, Poor by Habit, by giving up my first class seat and sitting in coach.
Why? Coach is uncomfortable: no blankets, no pillows, no distractions and crying babies help keep me awake.
4. I’m not a fan of the incessant hugging as the standard way to say “hello” and “goodbye”.
It feels forced and excessive, particularly if I just saw you yesterday. Bumping fists is fine with me.
5. When I stopped watching television eight years ago, I went from being a content consumer to a content creator.
All my Facebook #Life101 quotes are original.
6. I hate shopping and I procrastinate when it has to be done.
Fortunately, I work well under pressure. I purchased this size 16 dress the day before I needed to wear it.
I didn’t have access to a sewing machine so I got busy with a needle and thread. Here’s the finished product.
7. At a recent Vision Board event, guests were instructed to bring magazines, scissors and glue.
Approximately 35 guests circulated hundreds of magazines over a three-hour period. My board, containing the three words,
EVERYTHING IS PERFECT
8. Despite two knee surgeries, I continue to dance without pain. How?
I doubled the recommended healing time and continued physical therapy at home for a couple of years following each procedure.
9. Growing up, I went to 12 different schools and hated always being the new kid.
Being an outsider obviously had its challenges. However, the long-term benefits have been awesome.
I’m extremely adaptable and I get along well with others.
10. No matter where I go, I go on a full stomach.
I don’t like being hungry and usually have food in my pockets, glove box and suitcase.
11. Because I have difficulty sitting still or focusing on anything for more than 20 minutes at a time, I bought an hourglass in an effort to increase my productivity.
I say to myself, “I will not get up until the hour glass has run out.”
12. One day I will host my own talk radio show.
Not because I have a face for radio, but because that’s my ultimate goal.
Bonus: I spend a lot of time wondering why people make choices that unnecessarily complicate their lives.
More random facts here.