Some people like drama. I don’t care much for it. I prefer to keep things smooth and drama free.
I used to live in complete chaos. I don’t anymore.
The following is a list of the things I used to do.
Do you do any of this stuff? Here are 12 ways you’re making life harder than it has to be:
- Worrying about what other people might think or say about you to the point where you do nothing and take no risks.
- Trying to fit in with a crowd instead of making your own decisions and being real.
- Squandering time-consuming content that doesn’t elevate you in any way.
- Playing small like you don’t matter or you’re not as important as everyone else.
- Starring in your own movie; believing the world revolves around you when it’s not all about YOU YOU YOU.
- Avoiding taking responsibility for where you are in your life right now.
- Imagining worst possible outcomes and constantly thinking, “what if” in situations that aren’t likely to occur.
- Thinking negatively about everything and being cynical.
- Holding onto anger and pain like it’s some badge of honor.
- Throwing your life up in the air like a deck of cards to see how it all works out.
- Comparing yourself to others when Teddy Roosevelt already made it clear:
- Taking things personally and looking for reasons to be offended.
If you’re struggling with any of these points, you’re not alone.
It took me a long time to change these habits, thoughts, and behaviors.
It wasn’t easy, but I lived to write about it.
Since we are what we do, pay attention to which of these points may be holding you back from peace of mind or from getting what you want.
Keep life simple.
Embrace what you find.
Change what needs changing.