Every person, when they were younger, told themselves that they just couldn’t wait to be an adult. The mind set was always when you get older you were going to do what you wanted to do, and no one would be able to tell you anything. But what happened when those people became adults? Everything about doing whatever you want went out the window.
Life is hardly ever easy. There are things that have to be done that can take a toll on you and force you to learn things you never wanted to know. Have you ever thought about anything in life that you know just had to happen? Some things you just have to do because it is a part of being an adult.
I posted this on my Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/OfficialLaurieJohnson.
Complete this sentence: A painful reality of life is that sometimes you have to …
Here are some of the great responses I received:
2. Earn your way, work hard, quit blaming others for your shortcomings.
3. Learn from your mistakes.
4. Make mistakes. Fail. Fall hard. Hit rock bottom. Rise up.
5. Walk away even when you know you’re right. Grow up.
6. Man up and do the right thing, even if it is not the fun thing or the “IN” thing to do.
7. Realize that the only one you need to compete against is you.
8. Let go of toxic family members or close friends – things change.
9. Do what’s right – not what’s popular or feels good.
10. Admit and recognize you are really not in control of anything.
11. Be vulnerable and brave.
12. Accept that you’re ultimately responsible for your choices and actions at all times.
13. Lose before you win.
14. Face the fact that your body isn’t as young as your mind.
15. Admit you are wrong, Apologize, and move on!
Now it’s your turn. The stage is yours. What would you add to this list? Have you experienced tough times that resulted in something good? Please tell me about it in the comments section below.