12 Random, but Entertaining, Facts about Me
So, I’ve decided to give another peak into my dance world:
1. My mother owned a dance studio. I became so proficient at ballet that I once danced “en pointe.” That same year, my hips expanded and that, my friends, was the end of that.
2. I’ve been a tap dance instructor for the Tremaine Dance Conventions for 14 years. Yes, the travel is exhausting, but I still love what I do.
3. I make such good use of my travel time that I actually wrote my first book, Rich by Choice, Poor by Habit, by giving up my first class seat and sitting in coach. Why? Coach is uncomfortable: no blankets, no pillows, no distractions and crying babies help keep me awake.
4. I’m not a fan of the incessant hugging that has become the standard way to say “hello” and “goodbye”. It feels forced and excessive, particularly if I just saw you yesterday. Gently hitting fists is good for me, it’s efficient with less germs.
5. When I stopped watching television seven years ago, I went from being a content consumer to a content creator. As a result, all of my Facebook #Life101 quotes are original. I thought it would be cheesy and lazy on my part to cut and paste the quotes of famous people.
6. I hate shopping and I procrastinate when it has to be done. Fortunately, I work well under pressure. I purchased a size 16 dress the day before I needed to wear it. I didn’t have access to a sewing machine so I altered it with a needle and thread.
7. At a recent Vision Board event, guests were instructed to bring magazines, scissors and glue. Approximately 35 guests circulated hundreds of magazines over a three-hour period. My board, containing the three words, EVERYTHING IS PERFECT was done within minutes.
8. Despite two knee surgeries, I continue to dance without pain. How? I doubled the recommended healing time and continued physical therapy at home for a couple of years following each procedure.
9. Growing up, I went to 12 different schools and hated always being the new kid. Being an outsider obviously had its challenges. However, the long-term benefits have been awesome. I’m extremely adaptable and I get along well with others.
10. No matter where I go, I go on a full stomach. I don’t like being hungry and usually have food in my pockets, glove box and suitcase.
11. Because I have difficulty sitting still or focusing on anything for more than 20 minutes at a time, I bought this hourglass in an effort to increase my productivity. I say to myself, “I will not get up until the hour glass has run out.” Then, guess what? I lay it on its side and get up, anyway. Is this cheating?
12. One day I’m going to host my own call-in talk radio show. Not because I have a face for radio, but because I believe in the power of persistence and focus.
Bonus: I spend a lot of time wondering why people make choices that unnecessarily complicate their lives.
Want to know more random facts about me? You can find more facts here.