- Have a stellar solo performance. Just once I’d like to leave the stage completely exhausted, spent and proud instead of frustrated, unsatisfied and melancholy. Perhaps even make a short visit to “The Zone.” I’ve heard athletes and performing artists talk about how wonderful this place is. I want to go there as a tap dancer.
- Host an all expenses paid party for my friends. I want a travel agent to book airfare, hotel & car rental for each guest. Then, we would all party in a big house for three days and at night my guests can go back to their hotels. At the party there would be theater style seating to watch movies on the big screen, a gaming room, and of course, a wooden floor for anyone who wanted to dance. Finally, the kitchen would be completely stocked with gourmet foods and anybody can cook whatever and whenever they want. Well this one might cost me a lot but after all, crazy things don’t always come cheap.
- Tend bar for about a week in a real classy, high-end establishment. I know nothing about mixing drinks but it looks like fun. I also like the idea of tips.
- Read a book. I know that sounds strange from someone who wrote a book. I can’t focus long enough to get past the first couple of pages – besides, my lips get tired. I want to know what it feels like to ‘curl up with a great novel.’ I’ve heard great things about it. Don’t get me wrong, I do read business and personal-development material. I need information in short paragraphs with great visuals.
- Help people who suffer, fight and struggle in their daily lives to realize that it doesn’t have to always be that way. I know this isn’t really a crazy thing. In my journey towards a healthy, peaceful life I learned that:
- All the peace and happiness you want comes from within.
- He who ties the knot must untie the knot. In other words, clean up your mess, stop with the excuses and quit complaining.
- The first step in your journey must begin with taking full responsibility for everything that happened in your life – the good and the not so good.
- Nothing good comes from comparing yourself to others.
- You have to take a few risks.
- To figure out what’s holding you back, you may need to ask for help.
- getting past fear isn’t easy but it is necessary.
I remember my painful, horrible, struggling life when I didn’t believe or understand these points. Now I do and I hope you do too.
Leave it to me to turn what could have been a completely fun blog into a life lesson. I can’t stop.
- (Oh, one more thing)… Travel the world as a chocolate connoisseur. It’s amazing. People purchase tickets and fill stadiums just to watch me sample DARK chocolate. Huge projector screens showcase and record my every bite.
Then a heavy male voice whispers, “Well, folks – there you have it. Another fun-filled, chocolate tasting extravaganza from @laurietalks. Wasn’t that exciting? She may not read books but she sure does know her chocolate.”
What about you? What’s on your list of crazy things you want to do?