It can happen while we brush our teeth, or while we stand in the shower. It can even happen while standing in line at the supermarket.
How do I take advantage of these rare opportunities, you ask? Do I brainstorm about ways to broker world peace? Well…not exactly.
Here is a sampling of some of the worldly concerns that have been on my mind lately:
- Why is my body always bruised from walking into walls in my own home?
- Why do financially strapped people frivolously spend money when they’re currently paying monthly interest charges to credit card companies?
- Why do some people waste years of their lives living with or trying to reason with an irrational person?
- When is a good time in life to turn around and cut your losses? I have the answer to this: Anytime.
- Why do people say they have a dream and then organize their lives so that the dream is less possible?
- Why don’t I eat Oreos anymore? They used to be really good.
- Do some rap stars wish they didn’t have to act so hard?
- Is Oprah second thinking the decision to put her face on the cover of every issue of O Magazine?
- Does everyone really have the power and inner awareness to live their version of a perfect life?
- If I stopped eating junk food, would I be more or less happy?
- What accounts for different levels of maternal instinct?
- Does the marketing department for pharmaceutical companies laugh or cry when they see the list of side effects of a new drug?
So, there you have it; a little insight into what I wonder about when I have that rare free moment or two. How about you? What does your mind wonder about during your idle moments?
Please comment below and let me know.
About that world peace thing? Give me a sec. There’s only so much one tap dancer can do in a day. 🙂